Open Letter to Ben Carson from my daughter Hope Reeves

proudly publish the email that my 25 year old daughter sent to Ben Carson in objection to his announced endorsement of Donald Trump. It would be great to know that others would be as brave and as well spoken as she is. 

I challenge every Christian to follow her lead.


Today at 8:27 PM
Dear Mr. Carson,

My name is Hope Reeves. I am writing to ask you to reconsider endorsing Mr. Donald Trump for president. I have been following your campaign and really appreciate the stands that you take on many issues. As one of your previous supporters, I am very confused as to why you would endorse Trump. 

I have heard him speak many times and am very uncomfortable with his stands. I am fearful of the future of the nation with Mr. Trump as our leader. He says he will defeat ISIS and put Putin in his place, but he never explains HOW. He talks about healthcare and removing the "lines around the states" but does not explain any of his plans on HOW he will do this. He talks about immigration and building the second "Great Wall of China" but does not explain where the money to do this will come from and HOW it will be done. He talks about the deficit and talks about cuts that he will make like they will fix the whole problem when in reality it will not even scratch the surface! 

He has consistently changed his mind on many major issues and believes, as our current president, that he can say and do as he pleases and everyone will have to do what he says. Conservative or not, I do not want a president that will use executive orders to make decisions. We live in a country, contrary to popular belief, that is a republic. The more often that our president uses executive orders the closer we get to a dictator run government and further away from our blessed republic. Trump can talk-the-talk but his walk has proven his talk is just that, talk. 

I would also say that as a professed Christian how can we vote for a man that has publicly stated that he has never asked God for forgiveness? God is not important to this man. Our country does not just need a conservative leader. It needs a man who will honor the Lord in his decisions-who will live for more than himself. Donald Trump has run his life as a businessman and has publicly said that he has taken advantage of the law where possible. If that is the type of man you will endorse for president, then I have seriously misread where you stand as a Christian and an American citizen. 

America is a great country and even with all of its flaws I would not choose to live anywhere else! But I cannot be silent. I am a 25 year old woman who wants to be able to raise children with a great respect for their president. Mr. Trump has made gross and even explicit innuendos on more than one occasion during debates and on national TV.  References that I am too embarrassed to repeat. Please do not aid a man that cannot even respect the office he is running for enough to clean up his language. 
  
I am sending this email because I live in Nebraska, and by the time the primaries come here the republican candidate will be chosen. My vote, and I will vote, will not be a great deciding factor so maybe my voice can be. Please lay aside personal feelings and misunderstandings. If you must endorse someone, then please be sure it is for the right reasons and that it is how the Lord is prompting.

I believe you to be a man who is a Christian and so pray that you would prayerfully reconsider this endorsement. 

Prayerfully in Christ, 

Hope S. Reeves
An American Citizen & Patriot of Christ  

Deuteronomy 17:15-17 KJV
"Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother. But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold."

Comments

Popular Posts